Pages

Saturday, August 16, 2014

Big Bear!!

    My mom and dad's anniversary is this Sunday (18 years!!!) and so we took a little trip up to Big Bear to celebrate.
    It took about two hours to get there, with a pause for bathroom breaks and McDonald's french fries along the way. (Nothing beats a good McDonald's french fry. Yum, yum!)
    It was about 12pm when we did arrive. We found a lovely spot by Big Bear lake to eat lunch and enjoyed being in the mountains and out of the car. It was a little windy by the lake, but that just made things fun. (Trying to keep your plate from flying away, having your hair blow in your eyes so you can't see anything, eating it when it got in your mouth, etc. It was pretty fun!)
   Once we were finished, Dad with his kiddos, walked down to the floating deck. Mom stayed and finished her lunch while enjoying watching the people zooming around on the lake.
    Jonathan didn't really like how the deck kept swaying and creaking as we walked on it, but I thought it was cool. So far, I don't think I get sea sick, but I haven't really been on a actual boat in a while. Mom soon came and joined us, but didn't stay long as she didn't like the swaying motion either.
     We then stood around skipping rocks into the lake for a few minutes. Well, Dad and David were skipping rocks, but the rest of us were pretty much failing. Though, I did get two skips once!

Searching for the perfect rocks.


Throwing those perfect rocks perfectly.
"How do you do this again?"

    After we were done trying and failing, we hopped back in the car and drove to the Alpine Slide! At first, I wasn't that sure about the whole thing, because you had to go on a chairlift (and I'd never been on one) and go down this long slide with lots of twists and turns (not that that was scary, of course!). But after I went on it once, I knew I wanted to go again!


Going up with my sis.

Here we go!!!!

Yeah, I know I don't look like I'm having an awesome time, 
but I was having so much fun I forgot to smile!         

There. See? I'm smiling!  

    After going on the slide twice, we got back in the car (again!) and drove over to the Big Bear Village. We walked around there for a little bit, visiting all of the cute little shops and buying ice cream. (The rainbow sherbert is really good!)



Eventually, we had seen most everything, so we piled into the car. (I'm definitely seeing a pattern here . . .) This time, our destination was closer to home with the name of The Bass Pro Shop. We perused the huge building, having fun with a shooting game and trying out some cool bikes.




Some of us were getting hungry, so we crammed into the car. (Maybe this is the theme. Hmm . . .) We drove to Taco Bell and had a lovely road trip dinner.
We arrived back home around 8:30pm and enjoyed our beds after an awesome adventurous day. We had a ton of fun and some of us can't wait to go back and ride that Alpine slide again!
And that, folks, concludes this long post for today.

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY, MOM & DAD!!!!!






No comments:

Post a Comment