Pages

Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Dancing for God's Glory

Earlier this week, I had the privilige to participate in a Dance Conference hosted by Dance for Joy at a studio in Huntington Beach. I and the other dancers, were able to sample different types of dancing during the four days there (Monday through Thursday) such as hip-hop, tap, ballet, and creative expression. I had a blast! It was so much fun!
Over all, I think I enjoyed tap and creative expression the most. Aside from ballet, of course. I liked the creative expression class because a lot of it was based on sign language, which I have always been interested in learning. Tap was just fun all together.
I also enjoyed spending time with friends and meeting new people. But most of all, I enjoyed glorifying God through our dancing. The conference was focused on laying things down like our lives, or even things that don't exactly go our way. The verse for the week was John 15:13-"There's no greater love than to lay down one's life for one's friends."
I really enjoyed the conference and am already looking forward to the Youth Praise Dance Conference 2015!







No comments:

Post a Comment