Pages

Monday, June 30, 2014

A Busy, Busy Week

    Hey, everyone!
    So, this last week has been probably the busiest week of my life (so far).
    In the mornings (Monday thru Friday) we attended a Vacation Bible School at the Grace Church of Orange, 9:30-12:30. Annie and Jonathan participated in the classes, and I volunteered. This year, I volunteered in Snacks. Yum!
    For me, it's was pretty interesting. I worked with 3 moms and 2 college-aged girls : none of my friends. It was a little out of my comfort zone, but I think it was good for me. Everyone was super nice, which helped. Sometimes we were super busy, and sometime we were just standing around doing nothing.
But it was a nice place to volunteer at, because I got to see everyone who came through, including my friends. We had a blast!
This is the Snack Team:
If you can't tell, I'm on the far right with the name tag. It was spy-themed. =)

    On Tuesday, I volunteered at our local library's Summer Reading Program from 3-5pm. My (and 3 other people's) job was to sign up kids 0-12 years old for the program. It was also Festival Day, so I expected a lot of 'business', but there was actually a large amount of time just sitting and people watching.
    After VBS on Wednesday, Annie, Jonathan, my mom, and I went swimming with some friends of ours. We had a bunch of fun. It was also Water Day at VBS (they had a huge water slide!), so we got lots of water that day.
    Thursday afternoon, I had a dress rehearsal for my ballet performance which took place Saturday. It went really well.
    Emily and David came home from their week at Worldview Academy up at Master's College on Friday. Mom and Dad left around 6:00am to pick them up. So when Annie, Jonathan, and I woke up, there were no adults in the house! It was exciting for me, because I have never been left alone in the house with my younger siblings when our parents (or Emily & David) weren't there. At 8:30am, a lady from our church drove us to our final day of VBS. (Thank you!!) We had a lovely last day of Vacation Bible School and we are quite sad to have it end.
    Finally, on Saturday, I had a BethEl Ballet performance from 2-4pm. My class danced to a song called Forever Reign by the Newsboys. I really enjoyed dancing and glorifying God! The whole performance was beautiful and I enjoyed it immensely.
    After our ballet performance, a friend of mine (from ballet) and I went and got haircuts! We both got side bangs (hers on the right and mine on the left).
    So, it has been an extremely busy week, but I have had so much fun and wouldn't mind doing it all over again (just not too many times)!

No comments:

Post a Comment