Pages

Thursday, March 5, 2015

They're Gone!

Last Monday was probably the best day so far of my rather short life. It started at 9:15 am. My mom, Jonathan, and I got in the car. We drove to our orthodontist. Do you know why?  . . . . . . . . It was because we had an appointment. The best ortho appointment ever.
See if you can guess why . . .






Know what it is yet? Other than me having messy hair in the second picture . . . If you are absolutely confused, let me clear away that confusion and just state the obvious.
I got my braces off!!
Now I have two retainers and the shade of a lisp. =)
Once they took them off, everyone gathered around and sang a song made just for the moment when kids get their braces off. And for an introvert girl like me, well, I was completely embarrassed.


At least I got candy and a bottle of Martinelli's!



After getting them off and while waiting for my retainers to be ready to pick up, Mom and I went to In-n-Out's for lunch. (Jonathan had a separate appointment and Dad picked him up.) So, everyone always asks if it feels different to eat without braces. My opinion? I barely noticed I had them on, so it didn't feel that different when they were taken off. After having to live with them for about two years, you kind of get used to having metal and rubber bands stuck all over your teeth.
All in all, the day was pretty awesome! I'm not sure the candy and drink was worth having braces, but they sure tasted good!! =D

2 comments: