Pages

Monday, April 7, 2014

Welcome!!!

   Hi there! So, this is my first blog about me that I've had before, so we'll watch what happens with it. I do have another blog where I post stories that I create every now and then. You can enjoy it by clicking here.
   This past month of March has been pretty exciting for me. Towards the beginning of the month I went on my very first Women's Retreat, which our church hosts for the ladies (obviously)! It was hosted up at Young Life Oakbridge, which has extremely beautiful grounds. It was definitely something to be thankful for!
    A few weeks later, I celebrated my 13th birthday!! Whoohoo!!! You know how everyone always asks you, "So, how does it feel to be a teen?" Well, as far I as can tell, I don't feel very different. Of course, that would be pretty weird to suddenly have this strange feeling envelope you at 7 something pm when you're eating dinner. That'd just be creepy.
    Anyways . . .
    The day after my birthday, I had my ears pierced!! Spoiler Alert!:  . . it hurts . . a lot. That's why I'm not getting second piercings anytime soon. Plus, all the cleaning you have to do to them is a lot of work. It takes at least five minutes for each ear. . .for me. But they do look pretty cool.
    That weekend, I invited a few close friends over to celebrate my birthday again. We played running pictionary, a marshmallow and toothpick contest (who could build the tallest structure), we filled in a madlib about me, ate m&ms while telling facts about ourselves, and wore cool fedoras. We were having a ton of fun. But then, while we were innocently relaxing and watching The Chronicles of Narnia: the Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe (for my first time!!), the unexpected came. The Witch raised her knife, about to plunge it into Aslan, when everything began to move. The windows rattled violently, and the floor shook. The TV swayed back and forth. We were experiencing, a 5.3 earthquake. The first earthquake I'd lived through and actually felt. It was extremely exciting for me . . . . and a tad scary . . . But it made for a very fun party!
    So now I am thirteen years old, a teen, and looking forward to all of the fun moments I will be sharing with you on this blog! Enjoy!
   

12 comments:

  1. 1: I did tell you that being a teen was not very different
    2: I loved the party
    3: That earthquake was like perfect timing

    Love the blog, very cool!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks!
    Yes, you did hint about that. . .
    The earthquake was definitely perfect timing. I could wish that something like that would happen again, but earthquakes aren't good. . =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Molly, I like your first post. Happy blogging! Love, Dad

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good description: "plunge", very vivid picture! Good job! Keep up the blogging, you're inspiring me. =D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, thank you very much! I'm planning on it! =P That's what I'm here for : to inspire you!

      Delete
  5. Wow! I LOVE the beginning of your blog. I can just hear your voice and see your face. Good job! It will be very fun to see life through your "eyes" on this blog. Can't wait for the next posts . . . Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh also, that spoiler makes me nervous about getting my second piercing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's why it was a spoiler alert. So it wouldn't make people nervous. You should have just skipped over those sentences. Oh, well . . . =P

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yeah. I probably should have. Oh well!

    ReplyDelete