Pages

Monday, April 14, 2014

Race On, My Piggies!!

Ok. So, today, we had a little experiment with the residents that have been living with us since February. We placed them at the edge of a blanket on the lawn (with a fence around them, of course). We let them go, and here's what happened.






   As you probably discovered, Bree (the winner) is the white and brown one. Anna (pronounced Awna, as in the movie Frozen) is the black one and the youngest of the two. Bree did not get any extra treats for winning, but I don't really think she cared. She was probably just exclaiming: 'these humans sure do strange things!'
   If you are wondering how they are doing, the answer is "great!!" They are now eating food from our hands, and not squirming too much when we hold them. They are also talking a little more (if you listened closely, you can hear Anna talking to Bree when they are near the camera). They also do something that I am beginning to not enjoy. Whenever someone opens the fridge or crinkles a bag, they place their paws on the sides of the cage, lift their adorable faces to us, and begin to beg. They squeak and squeak and squeak in excitement, thinking they're going to receive treats in the near future. It's not something bad, it just tempts me to give them treats every time they do it and makes me feel guilty when they get nothing. But it is quite cute.
   So, we are having a bunch of fun with our guinea pigs and are expecting even more fun to come!




1 comment:

  1. Oh I LOVED that you were able to record their little chattering in the video and the picture of Bree at the end is so cute. Good job! I know they have been a lot of extra work for you guys but I'm super glad you are getting just as much enjoyment from them. They have been a fun addition, I agree. I'm sure you meant that you were expecting more FUN to come, not more guinea pigs. Hee hee!

    ReplyDelete